Student Misconduct Defense Attorneys for Those Wrongfully Accused at California Universities
Defending Students Accused of Title IX Violations, Academic Misconduct, and all Code of Conduct Violations
We understand how stressful it can be to be the subject of an investigation for student or academic misconduct, especially if you are expected to continue with your education and coursework throughout the process. Our student misconduct defense lawyers represent both students and faculty and have over 50 years of combined legal experience. Do not face an investigation of student misconduct or academic integrity on your own – our team is very familiar with how California learning institutions decide these cases and will do everything possible to protect your academic future at and beyond your disciplinary board hearing.
Protecting Your Rights in California Student Misconduct Investigations
Because student misconduct investigations are typically conducted privately and internally, you will often not be guaranteed the same due process rights that you would in a criminal matter. That said, we are familiar with how to assert and enforce the rights of college and university students across the state of California.
At Silver Law Firm, we can assist you with cases involving:
- Plagiarism, cheating, and improper student collaboration. Academic misconduct is an extremely serious matter, and can result in severe disciplinary sanctions, up to and including expulsion from school. Many allegations of academic dishonesty can and often do stem from misunderstandings, and our student discipline defense lawyer Elliot Silver can work to defend, present and convey your position to your school’s disciplinary board.
- Drug and alcohol offenses. Many California universities, private schools and other academic institutions maintain strict drug and alcohol policies. Our legal defense team can work to protect your future and defend your rights in these cases.
- Sexual harassment and assault investigations. Academic institutions are required to vigorously investigate allegations of sexual abuse under Title IX. These investigations are often extremely charged and sensitive affairs, and we will work vigorously to defend your rights and protect your academic reputation.
- Bullying and hazing allegations. Hazing is a very serious offense that can also involve criminal charges. Our law firm can work with individual students and student organizations such as fraternities or sororities that have been accused of engaging in hazing or targeted harassment.
- Domestic violence and threats. California vigorously prosecutes domestic violence cases, and these offenses can threaten a students’ academic and/or athletic career – even if the offense did not occur on college or university property. We defend students and faculty members charged with domestic violence in both criminal proceedings and any investigations conducted by an academic institution.
- Abuse of information technology. This category encompasses a wide array of offenses, including the physical theft of a learning institution’s hardware, software, or digital proprietary information, along with inappropriate use of a learning institution’s equipment. We are familiar with cybercrimes and ‘white collar’ defense and can assist in the defense of both students and faculty in these types of matters.
- Restraining orders and “no trespass” orders. We can represent and defend you in situations where a pending restraining order would make your continued attendance or position at a learning institution untenable. We can also represent you if you are accused of violating a restraining order.
Monica L. Berkeley, CA
Don’t Wait! Contact Student Misconduct Defense Attorney Elliot Now
If you are being charged with a violation of student discipline and/or academic misconduct at your college or university, then it’s time to get in touch with a student rights defense lawyer who will defend you and protect your future.
Attorney Silver wants to make sure you receive the best possible outcome, one that will allow you the best chance of success. By contacting Silver Law Firm today, we can begin working on your case as soon as possible. We will also advise you on the next best steps, which may include what to say/what not to say to investigators, and preparing you for your disciplinary hearing.
If you are being charged or investigated about a student misconduct violation at any California college or university, then we strongly recommend you contact a skilled lawyer – one who has the experience and will work diligently on your behalf, and do everything possible to protect your future. That’s Silver Law Firm. Contact us 24/7 by calling (510) 995-0000, messaging us through our website, or emailing Elliot Silver at firstname.lastname@example.org.